Many great startups have a special secret ingredient: they are based on research. This gives them a strong competitive edge compared to other players in the field.
During our years in the tech field, we have seen dozens of amazing growth companies been born from the work of great research teams. That's why we organize Tech Research Showcase: to help more research projects turn into successful tech companies. And one way to support that is to bring together researchers and potential team members with complementary skillsets.
Now, we are looking for researchers who are aiming to create technology-based products and commercialize their research.
Tech Research Showcase
At the event researchers will get to present their research to an audience of over 100 high-performing and experienced industry and functional experts. After the pitches, there is plenty of time for networking.
Last year, we heard from 13 great research teams at the event and ended up investing in two of them.
What's in it for the researchers?
For you as a researcher, Tech Research Showcase offers the opportunity to
- find co-founders and team members
- get access to the 600+ experts in the Icebreaker Community, who all have 5+ years of relevant work experience
- polish your pitch and clarify your message
- find partners, clients or collaborators
- get an investment from us
We help you with all of the above.
Who can apply?
Any researcher who wants to pitch their research and start building a technology-based product based on it. Researchers themselves need to be the ones pitching at the event.
You don't yet need have to have an idea that you think is ready to be commercialized, but we want you to have the ambition to be part of a startup team.
You can find the application form at the end of this page.
You can mark these four things to your calendar:
- Last day to apply is 6.3.
- First presentation training session 13.3.
- Second presentation training session 20.3.
- Tech Research Showcase event takes place in Helsinki on March 27th
Tech Research Showcase is organized by Icebreaker.vc and Helsinki Think Company.